Awards & Life Members
Past Conference Presentations
PACCOA 2021 Virtual Conference
VIRTUAL CONFERENCE 2021
June 2021 Meeting Minutes
National Conference of the Probation and Community Corrections Officers’ Association of Australia
ONLINE, Friday November 12th 2021
‘Strengthening Professional Practice’
PACCOA calls for abstracts and submissions for individual presentations, discussion panels and workshops for our online 2021 National Conference.
The theme for the Conference is ‘Strengthening Professional Practice’ and topics may be related to any area relevant to corrective services.
Contributions are welcome from practitioners, researchers, consumers and other stakeholders of corrective services.
Please limit abstracts to 250 words.
are 30 minute sessions, including questions. Applications for a double session for individual presentations (60 minutes including questions) will be considered.
can include up to three speakers addressing the same subject area from different perspectives. Discussion panels are 60 minute sessions, including questions.
are smaller groups involving interaction with participants. Workshop sessions are 90 minutes, including questions.
Please include brief biographical and background information indicating the author / presenter’s current position / affiliation and primary area of work and/or research.
Examples could include the following subject areas (these are suggestions only and submissions are not limited to these topics):
· Evidence-based best practice in community corrections case management
· Innovations in practice as a result of COVID-19
Offender management in the online world
Innovations in tackling family violence
· Home Detention / Electronic Monitoring and other compliance mechanisms
· Effective programs to address offending behaviour
· Supervision in the community – Probation, Parole, Intensive Supervision Orders
· Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander / other cultural perspectives on corrections practice
· Therapeutic approaches to case management that make a difference
· Mental health / Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) interventions
· Inter-generational transmission of crime
The impact of family interventions
Innovations in rehabilitation and reintegration
· Working with men – how to talk about crime, violence and personal issues
· Trauma informed care and human rights
· Networking with workplace colleagues across Australia
· The role of the NDIS in corrections
· Self-care and wellbeing programs for correctional practitioners
Community understanding of the role of corrections agencies
Leadership culture / staff management in corrections agencies
· Sentencing reforms
Please forward abstracts and biographical information to
by Wednesday 30th June 2021.
Applicants will be notified of outcomes by 31st August 2021.